Sunday, August 30, 2009

Style Inspiration: Shirley Maclaine in What a Way to Go

I had never seen this movie before last night, I found it on Netflix Watch Instantly. I thought it was fun, it is about a cursed woman that ends up a rich widow 4 times over. Shirley Maclaine's costumes were amazing, her character adapting to every husband. I loved the abstract outfits she wears when married to artist Larry Flint. Another highlight is when she is married to Rod Anderson, she wears extravagant by extravagant outfit being told by Rod to remind him to tell her that he loves her. My favorite of course though is her style in the parody of French New Wave. Her makeup was at certain times a little heavy handed but all in all I loved her look. Besides her costumes I also want to mention that I would love to have a completely pink mansion, awesome.










No comments: